Monday, June 22, 2009

Breaking the Slump - update

David Duval made a later surge and was briefly tied for the lead before finishing tied for 2nd place at the U.S. Open. 

Some great quotes from Duval in post tournament interviews (with my trading takeaway):


  •  "It may be arrogance," Duval said, "but this is where I feel like I belong."

    • Fake it until you make it

  • "It's very difficult to sit here and say second place is a failure," said Duval, who led the field with 19 birdies. "It is very much a success. It's not quite the success I had looked forward to this week and had hoped for, and in some way expected. But success, nonetheless."

    • Happy but not satisfied.  If I have a winning trade/day/week/month - I am happy but not done.

  • "I stand before you certainly happy with how I played, but extremely disappointed in the outcome," Duval said. "I had no question in my mind I was going to win the golf tournament today."

    • Confidence in yourself before others have confidence in you

  • He also said now he has more work to do and will get back to work right away. 

    • Do not spend too much time celebrating past winning trades or stewing over past losing trades

U.S. Open Championship - OFFICIAL


























































PlayerScoreEarnings
1Lucas Glover (USA)-4$1,350,000
T2David Duval (USA)-2$559,830
T2Phil Mickelson (USA)-2$559,830
T2Ricky Barnes (USA)-2$559,830
5Ross Fisher -1$289,146
T6Tiger Woods (USA)E$233,350
T6Soren Hansen (DEN)E$233,350
T6Hunter Mahan (USA)E$233,350
9Henrik Stenson (SWE)+1$194,794
T10Ryan Moore (USA)+2$154,600

0 comments:

Winning Option Strategies!