Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Upon further review...

Every good trader I know reviews his/her trades at the end of the day. Today while reviewing my trades I found the same flaw in a couple of losers. In short I was trading what I thought would/could happen. I did not trade what was happening.

1) I was long RCL and CCL early in the day. I have had success with these names in the past when they were in play. Today I had one piece of the puzzle with earnings on CCL. But I did not see confirmation in the price action of the stock or the options.

2) AIG - I am guilty of trading this from the long side early today because I did not feel I made enough in it yesterday. Again this was not in play on the long side. I was trading what I thought might happen.

Reviewing trades at the end of the trading day helps me evaluate my trades and what made them profitable or unprofitable. During the day I may have thought my timing was off. Upon further review I had poor selection on these plays. I had nice winners in AMZN, LH, DGX, and CIT today. But my day could have been better without the out of play names in between.






blog comments powered by Disqus
Winning Option Strategies!